What else can I do?
Beyond-the-boycott activities recommended by NotOneRedCent.com and NotOneDamnDime.com:
- Boycott flyer (To tell retailers what you're doing)
- Black Thursday.com - on inauguration day, don't buy anything, don't go to work.
- Black Arm Bands for Justice.com - dress in mourning on inauguration day
- Bush Blackout - black out your website on Jan. 20 2005
- The counter-inaugural - Protest in Washington, organized by the DC Resistance Media Collective
- Turn Your Back on Bush - Attend the inauguration parade and express your disrespect when Bush passes by. TurnYourBackOnBush.org
- Jazz Funeral for Democracy.com - New Orleans inauguration day protest
- Washington DC protest - Inauguration Day protest rally in Washington DC
- General Strike on Jan 20 - list of inauguration day protest activities
- OpenSecrets.org - list of largest donating companies to the Republican and Democratic Parties (boycott the GOP donors and support the Dem donors!)
- ChooseTheBlue.com - Shop at CostCo (98% donated to Dems) instead of WalMart (80% donated to Republicans)! Info on which companies donate where - a buyer's guide to political support.
- BuyBlue.org - "Lifts the veil of corporate patronage" and scales how blue companies are.
- Cobb24.com - List of competing companies, by category, and their percentage donated to Republicans vs. Democrats
- OnTheIssues.org - How your member of Congress votes on key issues, and how liberal or conservative they are. A supporter's guide to which members of Congress to target for and against.
- Bloomberg News, Dec. 13, 2004 - news article on the effect of political-based spending.
Press clips about Not One Damn Dime Day
click here for press clips about NODD
Press Contact Information below. For individuals --please write to Tod with ideas and comments but please be forgiving because we're all overwhelmed until Jan. 20. In all cases we'll ask individuals to please fill in comments on the petition form!
- For radio interviews: Please call Monica first -- she's available on short notice during business hours. Mark Ansel is available on short notice in downtown Boston. Then call Laura Carmen or email the rest of us.
- For local press: E-mailing all of us in one batch is the best bet -- you'll get a call back shortly. For short-notice interviews during business hours, call Lesley or write to Laura C or Laura K.
- For national press, national radio, and TV: Please call Jesse, Laura C., or Lisa and Mark Roman, since we've been involved the longest. E-mailing us all in one batch is fine too.
- For international press: Please contact Laura C. or Monica. Podemos hacer entrevistas en espaņol.
- For all media: Please read the FAQ page and feel free to cite whatever you like from there as direct quotations. Jesse and Monica have written several FAQ sections each (they're marked).
- Jesse Gordon (Massachusetts) -- (617) 320-6989, 1770 Mass Ave #630 Cambridge MA 02140, jesse @ NotOneDamnDime.com
- Laura Carmen (Massachusetts)
- Lisa and Mark Roman (Maine) -- (207) 643-2356
- Laura Karr (Florida) -- laura.karr @ gmail.com -- email ok during business hours
- Tod Brilliant (San Francisco) -- tod@NotOneDamnDime.com -- 707-235-1026
- Lesley Phillips (Cambridge MA) -- lesley @ NotOneDamnDime.com -- (617) 547-6465
- Pete Smith (Minnesota) -- pete.smith @ NotOneDamnDime.com -- originator of NODD email.